Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Help me. I use this hp Pavilion - 15-cs0053cl *i5 8th gen* for gaming and the other day after coming home from work I turn it on and the computer had a blue screen showing an error at least 10 times. I got to fix and played some games and worked. Then my computer this morning won't show anything! BLACK SCREEN! So tried everything: 

1. BIOS UPDATE THING 

2. HARD REST 

3. OPENING COMPUTER AND FIXING THE RAM AGAIN

4. EXTERNAL MONITOR 

ABOVE THING DID NOT WORK!!! 

Can someone help? My computer is out of warranty too. HELPP I have important data and can't afford another so can you guys help to fix this... I PLEAD TO U GUYS!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry for keeping everyone in the blue. I had a lot of work... So the square trade folks fixed my computer by replacing the hard drive. Now it is working and fine. I recommend if you are having this problem you should first try doing everything software-wise and then you should check your hard drive and ur ram. Thanks for everyone's help. 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

very desperate till then I will try to bios update thing..... WIN-KEY and B 

This helped in December but then my pc had a caps error. 

HP Recommended

Same problem here.

HP Pavilion 15-e056sl Notebook PC, I haven't used the PC for a bit. Now it just does not boot up.

I've tried everything found on the web as you described and also contacting Virtual Agent.

When pressing the power button, just a red light blinks once on the wifi key.

No fan sounds, display black. I've also noticed that, in the first time yesterday (12/02/2021) the charging led near the powercord adaptator was red. Now is white, but nothing changed.

The last thing I noticed is that when I press the power on key, the power led from white (in charge) turns out for a second and the turn white again.

Of course the product warranity is expired, the PC has about 8 years and I've installed an SSD insted of the old HDD a couple of years ago.

If someone could help to understand if there is anything possible to do or if there is a big problem (such as motherboard dead or cpu dead) please help.

HP Recommended

@HolaAmgio12

Welcome to HP Support Community

I appreciate your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

At this point I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

What exactly is happening? Is your pc starting? Is it showing video? Is is showing errors? Can you test devices using the hp setup?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same probelm.  I have a HP Pavilion x360.  It was acting slow, but working! To try and speed it up, I removed all I could from browsing history, and tried the updates I received from HP, which had been in my update notifications.  The update sent by HP caused the problem!  The computer does not turn on anymore.  The screen stays black.  I don't think the PC is starting, it doesn't sound like the whole booting process takes place, only the very first start.  I have followed the steps from the virtual assistant: press windows and B keys then turn on as well as do that with a new BIOS file on a USB drive.  It makes no difference.  The laptop does not turn on anymore.

I need it for school, as schools are closed here !!!!

Please help urgently!

HP Recommended

I tried this way and they were unable to find me a solution! It said that the link that you shared http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

is not able to find the page.   "PAGE NOT FOUND* 

I believe that it a motherboard problem but I don't know if this can be fixed because my computer is out of warranty! 

@KrazyToad

HP Recommended

Yes, my pc is starting. I know this because my power light was turning on and I can hear my fans. The pc screen has like a grey/black screen. If I do win B I see it updating and shows the message but right after the update, it goes to the black screen. No, I cannot test my device using the Hp setup 

@Stevecomputer

HP Recommended

Again: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp THis website did not help at all!!!!! 

HP Recommended

Is it running hot, maybe overheating?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.