Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-ce0000 Laptop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The screen of my HP Pavilion laptop is black since this morning. I managed to connect my second screen and everything else seemed to be working just fine. I've done a hard reset and when that didn't help I used the HP support app to update all drivers and the BIOS. According to the app everything is up to date now, but the screen remains black. I do vaguely see the shapes of the windows that are open (I have duplicated my screens), but it's impossible to actually see them in the black. So my screen is actually working, it's just super dark. Screen clarity is set to full. I don't know what to do anymore....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update: I had been working a few days with my second screen only, when I decided to try one last time if it worked. I restarted the computer and the screen worked like nothing ever happened. I'm guessing one of the updates did work after all. It's weird that it took several restarts to take effect, but in the end I'm just happy my laptop works again. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Avbisok 

This is almost certainly an indication of a failing screen -- which is entirely hardware related -- and all the stuff you did is software related -- so of course, those did no good.

You would need to get the screen replaced.

We are not able, or permitted, to provide any repair estimates or equipment prices.

For this information, you would need to contact an HP Repair or Service Center.

Since you live outside the U.S., here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: https://support.hp.com/us-en/service-center

If that link does not provide you sufficient information, then use the main HP link:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

I've found those links to be unreliable if you're using Win10 and the new Edge Browser; so if you are, you need to use something else, like FireFox.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

That's what I figured when I saw the vague movement in my screen 😞 

It's a pity that this happens after my warranty has finished and now I will have to pay for something that looks like a defect in the laptop itself. 

Thanks anyway for the confirmation.

HP Recommended

Update: I had been working a few days with my second screen only, when I decided to try one last time if it worked. I restarted the computer and the screen worked like nothing ever happened. I'm guessing one of the updates did work after all. It's weird that it took several restarts to take effect, but in the end I'm just happy my laptop works again. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.