cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
DKyles1990
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Blank screen, Power LED light off but display works if connected to external monitor

HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15f1000 Laptop Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop screen was working fine then just went completely blank. The Power LED light has also gone out but the laptop powers up and I can see the display if I connect it to an external monitor. The laptop is less than 3 months old, I have done all of the troubleshooting guides the HP site advises and it still doesn't work. 

Is there something I am doing wrong? Has anyone else had the same issue and managed to resolve? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,014 7,012 305 370
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @DKyles1990,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation