Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello guys, I own the HP PAVILION 15-E009TU notebook. It is just 10 months old. I had some grey lines in the LCD screen few days ago and called hp for warranty replacement. a technician came and replaced the LCD screen with a new one. 

However the new screen has a sort of Blue tint the entire screen. I have tried different colour setting which may fix it in windows but the blue tint is still there when windows is booting up and in the BIOS. I mean what? Did I just get a faulty/refurbished screen again? Also the screen doesn't look HD like my original screen. Is there anyway to verify that I got the exact model screen I originally had? and what about the blue tint? should i try warranty again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello prantik1994,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your display has a bluish tint after having the screen replaced under warranty, and that it no longer appears to be HD. 

Can you tell me if you have the same issue with an external monitor, it could be an issue with the backlight on the display. If the bluish tint appears in the BIOS it is unlikely to be software related, as none of the installed software is loaded when using the BIOS. There would be no way to tell if it was replaced with the same model as typically the techs will take the old hardware back with them when they leave. If they didn't you can check the part number on the display and remove the newly installed display to compare the part numbers.

If you're feeling up to it, you can try reseating the display cable connection. This will not void your warranty as long as you follow the steps in this guide: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide.

Furthermore, if it happened immediately after service I would also suggest contacting HP Phone Support to at least document the issue. They may feel service is necessary as this is clearly a hardware related issue. You can contact HP Technical Support at 1-800-474-6836 in North America. For all other regions click here.

Hopefully this helps! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Help me please 😞

HP Recommended

Hello prantik1994,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your display has a bluish tint after having the screen replaced under warranty, and that it no longer appears to be HD. 

Can you tell me if you have the same issue with an external monitor, it could be an issue with the backlight on the display. If the bluish tint appears in the BIOS it is unlikely to be software related, as none of the installed software is loaded when using the BIOS. There would be no way to tell if it was replaced with the same model as typically the techs will take the old hardware back with them when they leave. If they didn't you can check the part number on the display and remove the newly installed display to compare the part numbers.

If you're feeling up to it, you can try reseating the display cable connection. This will not void your warranty as long as you follow the steps in this guide: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide.

Furthermore, if it happened immediately after service I would also suggest contacting HP Phone Support to at least document the issue. They may feel service is necessary as this is clearly a hardware related issue. You can contact HP Technical Support at 1-800-474-6836 in North America. For all other regions click here.

Hopefully this helps! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Okay thanks and I live in India so where can I find the required information to extend my warranty?:smileyvery-happy:

HP Recommended

Hey prantik1994,

I would suggest contacting our sales line for extending the warranty. I cannot say for sure, but I would assume you need to purchase the extended warranty from the USA as well. Many extended warranties are available at www.hpshopping.com, but again it would be best to contact phone support to better answer that question.

Thanks! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hey thanks! btw I took a picture of my screen. Does it look bluish? Just wanna check with you...is his normal? 2014-08-12 14.27.05.jpg

HP Recommended

Hey prantik1994,

It's hard to tell from a picture but it looks normal to me. What's truly important is that you are satisfied with how it looks. If not, I would suggest contacting phone support as the issue started after warranty service. You can contact HP Technical Support at 1-800-474-6836 in North America. For all other regions click here.

Thanks for posting! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

alright! will call 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.