Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-eh0000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I've just bought a new HP laptop as above, and quite surprised to find it can't play a 1080p YouTube video without lagging a couple of minutes in, it's also pretty slow generally, using Google Streetview for example is laggy and slow, I did a comparison with my Dell laptop that's on it's last legs, and that loads everything much faster, and plays 1080p videos without issue. I don't think in 10+ years of Dell, Toshiba and a Lenovo I've ever had a laptop that can't play a HD YouTube video. Even my ancient unreliable work PC can manage that, which thinking about it, I'm pretty sure is a HP. 

I've tried doing an update, which hasn't helped at all. I did buy a HP laptop a few years ago that had the same problem(but a lot worse, that wouldn't even open webpages, but was a cheap one), I returned that one and bought a Dell, thinking it was a dud and with the Dell reaching the end of it's life, I bought another HP as I like how they look, and it's also pretty slow, so unless I'm really unlucky and got two duds, I'm thinking HP don't make particularly good laptops?  It's not the cheapest model either, if it was I'd be, well still a bit miffed, but less miffed. 

I'm wondering before I ask for a refund, and buy another Dell, am I missing something? As I do like the laptop, and would like to keep it, it's my first laptop with a touch screen which I find it really helpful and I really like how it looks and feels. I really want to keep it, but can't put up with the lagging and slowness, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried watching videos on Microsoft Edge, tried Chrome but that didn't even get to YouTube without freezing, so uninstalled again, tried Brave, that gets the best results, but still starts lagging after a couple of minutes. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mh94 

What is your Pavilion 15-eh0000 ? For example

HP Pavilion 15 Laptop PC 15-eh0050wm

It has Integrated AMD Radeon™ Graphics that should be able to play 1080p mp4 videos. What is your video player software ? Please use the following player

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Regard,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the Reply, not sure how I went wrong putting the model number in, it's Pavilion 15-eh0002na.

It's watching/streaming videos on YouTube rather than videos saved onto the laptop, I've not actually got any videos saved to try.  I have been using VLC on previous laptops for a while though, I've not downloaded yet but will be when I get videos saved. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi@mh94,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Check with BIOS update?

Check window update?

Check with resetting browser?

check with internet speed ?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thanks for you reply, the only thing I've not tried is the Bios update, as I'm not sure how to do this.

I have taken the SD card from my dashcam to see how it copes with those offline videos (films 1080p 60fps) and it was absolutely fine, so it seems to be when streaming a video online, again it also struggles browsing Google Maps. I've currently got 153mbps download speed so I don't think my internet connection is the issue. I've tried a couple of browsers with little difference. 

HP Recommended

Hi@mh94,

Create new profile local user or administrator account in Windows 10 link 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.