8 5 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Brightness Sliders missing under Power Plans

spectre x360 Convertible 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The 'brightness sliders' that were under each power plan are missing.

The sliders let me set separate screen brightness for battery vs plugged in, but now the brightness has to be moved up and down manually to save battery power and vice-versa.

Anyone know how to get these back?

2 REPLIES 2
Level 11
Level 11
2,488 2,429 301 924
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello @rdenzel,

I'm sorry to say that this feature has actually been removed from Windows 10 version 1809. I don't necessarily recommend you rolling back a version and I'm not even quite sure if you can.

If you check out some third party applications for brightness adjusters, you may be able to find one that suits your needs.

Sorry about that.

Regards,

Eddy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rdenzel
Level 1
8 5 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks.

I found an article that said they removed it because people couldn't understand why their screen dimmed when they unplugged the charger. Seems like it would have been easier to change the defaults to be the same instead of removing a good feature.

I haven't found an app that will dim or brighten the screen based on battery status, but I'll keep looking now and then.

Thanks again!

Roland

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation