Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilon 14-ce3520-na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had enough of this laptop!

Brightness not working! I've already tried going to device manager and instal the driver!

Every month is something wrong with this one!  I want my money back. Really, its enough

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You posted a laptop to desktops,  I do not do laptops but here goes,

all laptops made (not just DELL) come with background lamp dim , with AC pack not connected to AC power jack in the wall

or if it sees the battery (big) low.

this is to allow longer run times on that soon to be dead battery.

all of which is controlled in control panel;

click power OPTIONS.

put the PC in to presentation mode, or change all that seen there.

turn off adaptive display. feature not liking it. or run on AC all the time.

here is my 2 photos that answer all this so simple,  IT IS A FEATURE NOT A BUG 😎

my work my photos all.

click batteryclick battery

dimbulb.JPG

there are these causes.

1: normal, so change it see above.

2: battery bad, will not charge up or you forgot to.

3: display bad (nah) its new.

4: OS corrupted or driver for display not from hp.com

5 :room is too bright or outdoors

6: brightness knob set wrong. low.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Doesn't work, simply i dont have any botton for brightness anymore, if I do what you tell me it send me to a link how to adjust brightness.

HP Recommended

Notebooks are not laptops? because I didn't press the community of desktop. Sorry aboutScreenshot 2020-11-27 160812.png that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.