Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Active Stylus

I have tried everthing I could find on the internet to try and fix my problem so I am turning to your guys. When I bought my computer the Spectre 360x a little over a year ago it came with a pen (Spen-HP-02). It just stopped working after all this time. I assumed that after a year that the battery must have died. I tried replacing the battery but it did not fix the problem. My pen will not work on my computer. It is the active stylus that does not require Blue Tooth and just has the 2 seperate buttons on the side. I have loved this pen the whole time I had it and I just want it to work again. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Grace_Lu,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you checked if the touchscreen works? If the touchscreen works then this could be a possible hardware issue with the Pen.

If the touchscreen does not work then the best way to identify if this is either a hardware or a software issue is by checking if the Touch is working on BIOS screen

(Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer). 

Keep me posted for further assistance!

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Doesn’t help at all. The touch screen is totally fine, my problem is only with the pen. And because the pen care with the computer is doesn’t register as a HP product. However if you go to purchase a new computer it shows that they still sell them with my computer. I just need help on fixing the stylus and no one seems to be able to

HP Recommended

@Grace_Lu,

This looks like a possible hardware failure with the pen and you may need a replacement. 

You may contact our HP Support for further assistance. 

HP Support team can be reached on this link.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

That said, take care and have a great day!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I spent hours with HP Support and they just kept sending me in circles and saying they couldn’t do anything. 

HP Recommended

@Grace_Lu

Welcome to HP Community

I understand your concerns and frustration

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.