Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CONNECTING NOTEBOOK TO MONITOR

HP 17t Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just purchased a new HP 17t Laptop -- 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA; 16 GB Intel® Optane™ memory, 12 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB, 1 x 8 GB), Intel® Core™ i7-8565U (1.8 GHz, up to 4.6 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)+Intel® UHD Graphics 620.

When working at home, I would like to connect my laptop to my large HP high-definition monitor screen (and use an external keyboard and mouse). What is the best way to do this: (1) a direct HDMI to HDMI connection; (2) VGA to USB through a display adapter; or …?

Thanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
76,704 76,123 9,333 20,166
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CONNECTING NOTEBOOK TO MONITOR

@Strydoma1 wrote:

...: (1) a direct HDMI to HDMI connection; (2) VGA to USB through a display adapter; or …?

@Strydoma1 

I don't know BOTH models /  products of your devices, but as you said above, I think both have HDMI ports therefore HDMI to HDMI is the best way to connect in this case.

Note: HDMI used digital signals and VGA use analog signals. Nowadays, digital is always better even with TV's, Radios.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation