Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360

Can anyone help me? The Camera App pre-installed on my brand new Envy x360 shows bright areas of the image in polarised colour (i.e. hot pink for bright areas in the background, bright blue for light areas on my face). I have been searching for answers but nothing that is helping. All software is up to date. Settings all look fine (e.g. when compared to another older HP Envy laptop with the same app which works correctly). It's very frustrating, especially when I need to use the camera a lot for video meetings. Note: it doesn't matter whether I'm using the camera directly or via Zoom, the problem still happens.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Shazumi Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with webcam.

Update or change the webcam driver

Some software applications might require updated drivers for your webcam to display video or they might need a more basic driver. Use the following steps to change the driver for your webcam:

1. Go to the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads page.

2. If a Let's identify your product to get started page displays, click Laptop or Desktop.

3. Type the model name for your computer in the Or, enter your serial number field, and then click Submit. For example, type Pavilion HPE h8-1360t Desktop, and then click Submit.

Type the model name for your HP computer in the search field

4. If a Matching products web page opens, select your model number from the list.

5. The software results page for your computer displays with the default operating system selected. If you need to change the operating system, click Change, select your version, and then click Change.

NOTE: 

If you cannot find the operating system you want in the list, HP does not have drivers for that operating system.

Change your computer operating system

6. From the list of available software and driver categories, find the webcam driver.

• If a webcam driver update is available from HP, download the file to your computer and install the software according to the instructions on the webpage. After updating, restart the computer, and then try using your software again. If the problem persists, continue using these steps to install a generic Windows USB video driver.

• If a webcam driver is not available from HP or you cannot access the Internet, continue using these steps to install a generic Windows USB Video driver.

7. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

8. Double-click Imaging Devices to expand the list of webcam drivers.

Image: Imaging Devices

• If there is no imaging devices category listed in Device Manager, stop using these steps and see the section Webcam is not listed in Device Manager in this document.

• If more than one webcam driver is listed, right-click the driver and select uninstall for any driver that is not the HP Webcam-101 or Microsoft USB Video Device driver. Once the other drivers have been removed, restart your computer and open your software. If problems persist, continue using these steps.

9. Right-click the name of the webcam in the Images Devices category (HP Webcam-101 or Microsoft USB Video Device), and select Update Driver Software.

10. Click Browse the computer to select a specific USB Video Device driver.

Double-click Imaging Devices to expand the list of webcam drivers, right-click the webcam driver, and then select Properties.

Image: Properties

Make a note of the existing name of the webcam driver (Example: HP Webcam), as it might change after the update.

11. On the Webcam Properties window, select Update Driver....

12. Select to Browse the computer for the desired driver.

13. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

14. Remove the selection from Show compatible hardware.

15. Select Microsoft in the Manufacturer field, and select USB Video Device in the Model field.

16. Click Next to install the webcam driver.

17. Allow the installation of the USB Video Device, and then click Close.

18. After the device has been updated to USB Video Device in Device Manager, restart your computer and open your software.

If problems persist, install the latest BIOS update from HP and get all the latest Windows updates from Microsoft.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, Praveen. Unfortunately these suggestions did not work. Any other suggestions would be appreciated to resolve this issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.