The camera icon to tell me that my camera is ON is present on screen constantly, in front of all other applications. I have restarted numerous times and have reinstalled my anti-virus software. I have been into my camera settings and switched it off but it remains on the screen all the time.
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
- Try reinstalling the Webcam driver from Device Manager
- Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Camera or Imaging Device and expand the List
- Look for Camera driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Camera driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
Keep me posted
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".