Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 13-ag0xxx

Hello everyone,

In September 2018 I bought a, HP computer 

Productname: HP ENVY x360 Convertible 13-ag0016nb

Product number: 4JR69EA#UUG

I was just wondering if this computer supports active stylus usage, and if so, which pen I should buy. I noticed my productname is not mentioned in the list of Computers that support HP pen's. But when I opened up the info sheet of my computer (with the correct product number) on the site of HP there is an active stylus in the list of recommended accessoires. Is there someone who can give some mare information about this? 

Thank you!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Tengstar 

Good question.

For the purposes of this search, the model number of your computer is a match.

A data source to which I have access indicates your computer supports the pens noted.

There is a Pen Control Application and a tilt pen driver in your computer's Software and Drivers category.

Open subcategory Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices

The product information confirms the Display is a touch screen.

It is my experience that given the extent of the evidence, it is likely the information I have provided is true.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tengstar 

Good news.

Two potential pens for your computer:

1MR94AA

2MY21AA

Model name
HP Pen (Microsoft)

1MR94AA

SPS: 920241-001 (Dark Ash Silver) / 910942-001 (Natural Silver)
HP x360 11 EMR Pen with Eraser (Wacom)

2EB40AA

SPS: 928519-001
HP Tilt Pen (Microsoft)

2MY21AA

HP SPS: 929863-001 (Dark Ash Silver) / 929863-002 (Natural Silver)

HP ENVY x360 13z-ag0xxx

☑️

☑️

Active Stylus - Compatibility Document

Search the document for a compatible stylus and find additional information about stylus support.

Open document: HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus

• If there is an HP Active Stylus available for your model, it should be included in the document.
  • If you are unsure of the model series, click open the appropriate category (Consumer or Business class systems), peruse the list to find supported models.
  • Pen(s) compatible with your computer are marked with a “check mark” to the right of your computer model, in the column(s) under the Pen name / description(s).

• Additional information can sometimes be found in Support Home > category Advisories / Bulletins and Notices for your computer.
  • Some pens require a driver. Open Support Home  > category Software, Drivers and Firmware.
  • If a driver is installed, remember to enable Bluetooth and connect your pen. For example:  Settings > Devices > Switch ON Bluetooth

• The compatibility document is updated as new information becomes available.
  • Take the time to read the compatibility document – sometimes your questions will be answered.
  • Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > Pen Device Information
  1. Device Manager > View “Devices by type” AND “Show hidden devices”
  2. Open category Human Interface Devices
  3. Look for and Right-Click on “HID-compliant pen” > Properties
  4. Tab Details > Under Property, Select “Hardware ids”
  5. Tab Driver> Note the Driver Version

HP Pen Driver – Version 2.0.0.26

Description / Information

TITLE: HP Tilt Pen Driver (Windows 10 v1909) – VERSION:  1.0.0.8 REV: A PASS: 11  (2MY21AA)

Software / Update

Description / Information

• [Devices]

ACPI\ELAN2514="ELAN EzTouchFilter"

Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

Open  HP ENVY x360 - 13-ag0016nb

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for this perfect answer!! But as I know very little about computers... I noticed the device name which supports the active pen has a z in the name (HP ENVY x360 13Z-ag0xx) and mine doesn't (HP ENVY x360 Convertible 13-ag0xxx). Just to be sure, does this make any difference? Thanks in advance 🙂

HP Recommended

@Tengstar 

Good question.

For the purposes of this search, the model number of your computer is a match.

A data source to which I have access indicates your computer supports the pens noted.

There is a Pen Control Application and a tilt pen driver in your computer's Software and Drivers category.

Open subcategory Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices

The product information confirms the Display is a touch screen.

It is my experience that given the extent of the evidence, it is likely the information I have provided is true.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.