Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6-6b20ez Entertainment Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an older Radeon 7400M graphic card and a Windows 10 64 bit installed, so I would ask if I can install the Radeon Crimson Edition on my video card and if support it. The problem was I can't find the correct driver on the AMD official drivers and support page, so the question is that is safe to install the driver software from another site like download.cnet.com and if there is any risk or crash that will happen to my video card. Thanks for any reply or help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@costumer775 

They are NOT fully tested from HP. I don't know. You have to select drivers from HP for HP machines.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@costumer775 

I don't think it supports Radeon 7400M:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-17-11-4

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying, in the site below you will find the drivers supported by my graphics card, can you help me choose the best software driver, thanks.

Link:https://driverserve.com/graphics-card/amd/amd-radeon-hd-7400m-series/ 

HP Recommended

@costumer775 

They are NOT fully tested from HP. I don't know. You have to select drivers from HP for HP machines.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Like you see in the image hp drivers, they just display the drivers, not the softwares. I think if i install the driver, the catalyst control center will be installed, alright I will keep using ccc, just I have a problem with my display, in some games, when I enter to the fullscreen mode the game crach and do not respond, so I can not enjoy in my gaming experience, please if you have the slution help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.