Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0008na
Microsoft Windows 11

I switched to windows 11 a while back but recently I lost control of the screen brightness - the slider isn't there anymore, my keyboard controls do nothing and there isn't any brightness setting in the settings.

I tried to update the display driver but HP doesn't support Windows 11.

I don't think I can switch back to windows 10 (as much as I'd like to anyway).

It is currently stuck at minimum brightness.

I've tried to find a 3rd party app that might be able to sort it but they can only dim the brightness by overlaying a "filter" - although I've looked, I'm not very tech-savvy so maybe someone else has had more luck?

I can't seem to find anyone else with this exact problem.

Any help would be really appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @greeny99,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing a display flickering issue with your HP Notebook PC. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist better:

While you respond to that please try the below steps:

Update the BIOS & Video card drivers:

• Here's the link to download and install the above updates: Click here

If the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi ANAND_ANDY

Thank you for your reply.

The problem, however, is not with flickering but with the brightness and the fact that I can't change it.

I think the problem started around the same time as an incremental update to windows 11. I can't update the drivers because when I go to the HP driver update site, there is no option to select drivers for windows 11 - only windows 10.

Thanks,

Henry

HP Recommended

@greeny99,

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate your efforts. As the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.