Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 24f 60.45 cm (23.8" ) Ultraslim Full-HD IPS Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi guys I have bought a monitor a few months ago solely for the purpose of playing xbox on. I was surprised to see there was no audio output jack port whatsoever situated on this monitor which I thought this was a bit odd. Obviously wasn't too bothered as I can still hear sound on my headset but I wanted to connect speakers to it via an adapter so you don't need to rely on just the headset alone and also it would be useful for when friends are round etc so we can all hear. 

So anyway first I bought a VGA to HDMI Adapter with integrated audio jack port and when all connected it said no signal found.

I then bought another 4 in 1 converter which connected to the HDMI port and still no signal??

I'm honestly mindblown how none of this is working especially when there are people on YouTube doing EXACTLY what I'm doing yet it works fine for them?? I am beyond stressed out and have spent a fortune already for hee haw! 

PLEEEEASE SOMEONE HELP 😩😩

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JamboThacks 

The specs of the monitor is

https://store.hp.com/sg-en/default/hp-24f-24-inch-display-3al28aa.html

I can't find Speakers from its specs, how can you get sound without SPEAKERS ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Via an adapter like I said mate, there is plenty of people that have done it and it has worked for them so? 

I have included pictures of the adapters i have bought to give you more of an idea of what I'm on about.. it is possible! 

Screenshot_20210510-090742_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20210510-090805_Amazon Shopping.jpg

HP Recommended

Problem has now been solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.