Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TS 15-ab173cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This may be a crazy question. but. I prefer to use the mouse scroll on my mouse pad instead of scrolling on the touchcreen. Is there a way to change to this setting or is it not an option if you have a touch screen. I have tried to change the mouse settings all different ways but it still will not scroll.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @kasseej,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand that you are having an issue with the TouchPad, and wanted to assist you!

You should still be able to scroll with the TouchPad, regardless of if you have, or are using a Touch Screen.  Try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: 

Scrolling using a TouchPad or ClickPad

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am unable to get into the settings. I keep getting a Synaptics Pointing Device error message: "Control Panel Extension is incompatible with Driver Version" . I've had this laptop for about 5 days now and I haven't had much time to work around with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello @kasseej,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Try updating the TouchPad drivers.  You can find drivers for your product here: 

Drivers - HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab173cl (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)

Please post back with the results.  Let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

I followed link and downloaded the touchpad driver, however, when installing I received another error message that said I had a newer driver version. It said I had the option of going back to an older version of the driver.

HP Recommended

Hello @kasseej,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Did you end up installing the driver?  What were the results?

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.