Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP spectre 360x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
HP Spectre X360 Convertible 13-Ac0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

Hello!

HP Laptop details --

Product Name: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX

The HP laptop has the following ports --

1. USB Type-C power connector and Thunderbolt ports (2)
  2. USB 3.x port with HP Sleep and Charge

I am trying to connect a Philips 346B1C monitor to this HP laptop using the supplied USB-C cable from Philips.

When I connect the monitor using USB-C port, the monitor shows a message that there is no Video input or signal.
In the laptop settings, I am unable to detect the external monitor either.

I was able to connect the same monitor with the same USB-C supplied cable to Microsoft Surface laptop via the USB-C port.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Appreciate all your help!

thank you,

Dea71

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@dea71 

Not all USB-C ports will deliver video.  The one on the Surface apparently does; the one on the HP does not.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

These USB-C ports do support delivery of video, They are Thunderbolt 4 ports. Works on all screens I used so far except the model referred to above, It works on other Philips screens as well, just not that particular one. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.