2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Cannot switch gpu on HP 15-ba088ng

HP Recommended
HP 15-ba088ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi community!

I have a huge problem with my HP 15-ba088ng Pavilion notebook.

Just bought it for my daugther, made a fresh win 10 install, with all AMD drivers at well.

It has an integrated AMD R5 and a dedicated AMD R7 M340 gpu, but I cannot switch to R7. Tried evertything reinstalled

drivers several times, contacted with AMD support, but no way to choose R7 in high performance mode at graphic settings.

I have InsydeH20 Rev 5 Bios, so I have no access to andvanced bios settings, to check the PCI Express settings.

Any idea?

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,787 32,909 3,069 7,571
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Venti_82 

You should NOT have installed a different version of Windows than what came preloaded.  Laptops require the OEM video drivers and when you installed Windows, you removed those.

This is the closest HP product page I can find to your model:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-bw000-laptop-pc/15551418/model/19954874

If those video drivers do not work, you are stuck -- as you should not have overwritten the OEM preloaded Windows version.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Venti_82
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

Thanks for your answer. So... i switched to SSD from HDD, this is the reason why I reinstalled Windows. I didn't know that is a problem with HP laptops, I did it several times before with my other brand laptops, but never seen this issue before.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation