Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15 Inch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm currently experiencing an issue where I cannot type using the keyboard and simultaneously use my touchpad. i.e I can type and then immediately after my touchpad will start detecting again, but if I type and at the exact same time attempt to move my cursor with the touchpad, it will not detect any touches. 

This issue arose after I attempting to play video games using the laptop. For example; in Minecraft I cannot move around and simultaneously look around, only one followed by the other. Once I begin to type, the touchpad seems to stop detecting touches.

My assumption is that the touchpad has some sort of palm detection in place that prevents me from performing the above actions. 

I have already tried disabling 'SmartSense' in the settings (as pictured below) - but this has not worked. Are there any solutions to this issue?

IggyDP_0-1584658972318.png

TL:DR:

• How can you enable simultaneous typing and using the touchpad in Windows 10 (specifically for gaming)?
  • Are there any ways to disable palm detection other than disabling 'Smart Sense'?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@IggyDP

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's uninstall and reinstall the touchpad and keyboard driver:

1) Right click on the start or Windows icon and open the "Device Manager".

2) Expand the "Mice and other pointing devices".

3) Right click TouchPad and then click on uninstall and restart the computer. 

Let's uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver:

1) Right click on the start or Windows icon and open the "Device Manager".

2) Expand "keyboards".

3) Right click on the mentioned keyboard and then click on uninstall and restart the computer. 

and also let's update the PC:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03330139 and https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467905

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.