Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq presario v2000
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Hi, Pls I have been trying to extend my laptop screen to a monitor,its extending but it does not fit it on the monitor screen. I guess maybe the display driver is outdated or something and I have been unable to download another display driver. Pls kindly assist.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the product number of your v2000 notebook?

The product number can be found on the same label as the serial number.

HP Recommended

P/n: PF377PA#AB5

HP Recommended

Hi:

The Intel graphics adapter your notebook has is not fully capable of running W7.

As such, there were no Vista or W7 graphics drivers ever developed for that GPU.

See if this works, and it would be the only suggestion I can offer...

Download and run this Windows XP graphics driver.  You will probably get an unsupported operating system error.

Close out of any error windows.

Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller Driver

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp30001-30500/sp30308.exe

Go to the device manager and click on the video controller needing the driver (it may be listed under the Display Adapters device manager category as a Standard VGA Adapter).

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp30308\ialmnt5, and select the Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

Hopefully, the graphics will be working so that you can change the screen resolution and have graphics acceleration.

HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the product number of your v3000 notebook?

The product number can be found on the same label as the serial number.

i whant sound drivers for compaq presario v3000

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.