Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Connect two external displays

HP Spectre X360 15-bl001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I just bought the HP Spectre X360 15-bl001na and I want to connect it to my two externals LG monitors. Both are 1920x1080 and I want also the laptop screen to be active when I connect the monitors. I hope this is possible.  The monitors have HDMI ports. 

I have an HDMI splitter that I connect to the laptop HDMI port but only one monitor works that way. I suppose I need to connect the other monitor trough the USB 3.1 Type C port, using an HDMI converter? If yes, can I use this adaptor for example: http://www.emag.ro/adaptor-usb-3-0-tip-c-hdmi-multiport-4k-power-delivery-digitus-da-70838/pd/D7TL2D... and from the adaptor USB Type-C port can I connect this to have also Gigabit
Chipset Realtek  active: http://www.pcgarage.ro/hub-uri-usb/sharkoon/3-port-usb-30-plus-rj45-gigabit-aluminium-hub-type-c-bla... ?

Looking forward your answers.

Thank you!

Gabriel

8 REPLIES 8
Provost Provost
Provost
37777 5728 9907
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes you seem to have found parts that will work. One monitor from the HDMI port on the laptop one monitor with the USB-C to HDMI adapter and then the USB-C passthrough to a USB 3.0 and ethernet adapter. 

MaruscaGabriel Tutor
Tutor
9 0 1
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for your fast answer!

And in this way, I can have all 3 screens active? including the laptop one?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37777 5728 9907
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I don't have your model on hand. I have a Spectre 13-v ("worlds thinnest") and I can connect to 2 external screens with the 2 USB-C ports and the laptop screen stays active. It should work for you. 

dpetty Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am a Visual Studio developer and just got  a Spectre x360 this summer and have been going through hell trying to connect two monitors.

The question I have with the solution is : 

- right side I have 2 USB-C Thunderbolt connectors. One charging and other other a hub with HDMI  and many othe connection incl. Ethernet.  The monitor works here.

- left side I have a USB 3.x port.  Here, if I understand correctly,  I just need to attach a USB 3.0 to HDMI connector ?

Sorry to be so picky, but it is difficult trying to figure this out from the linked sites and images.

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
MaruscaGabriel Tutor
Tutor
9 0 1
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Here's the way I do it. Both external monitors have HDMI. One is connected directly to the HDMI port, the other through a Type-C to HDMI cable. That Has also a USB output and another type-c USB. 

In this way, µI have the extra USB type-c for charging/network.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
flynhyn Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

how about a port replicator, would that work for extending across two monitors, OR do I need to use the two different ports on the laptop

0 Kudos
Brigain Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I managed to connect two touchscreen monitors to my HP Spectre X360 without issue but when I tried to use the touchscreen, only one would work. I've been trying for years to find a solution but to no avail. If anyone is able to help, I would be very much in your debt.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37777 5728 9907
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have never done it but this article purports to show a way to do it:

https://support.ctouch.eu/hc/en-us/articles/115003949829-How-can-I-setup-multiple-touch-screens-in-W...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation