cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Connecting dual monitors with USB-C and the HDMI port on my HP Envy X360 Convertible 13-y0XX

HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 Convertible 13-y0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I am trying to connect 2 external monitors to my laptop. I was told I can use the HDMI port with an HDMI cord for one display. Then I could use the USB-C port with an USB-C to HDMI cord for the 2nd display. However, the computer will not detect the monitor when using the USB-C port. I have also tried using only one monitor with the usb-c port and it still wont detect. I have tried updating the drivers. Doing a manual detect. Nothing shows up when it is plugged into the USB-C port. Any help is appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,482 86,364 10,989 23,608
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ewaklee 

What is your HP Envy x360 Convertible 13-y0XX  machine ?  Your machine has same ports with the following machine

HP ENVY x360 - 13-y013cl

As you can see, it only has 3 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data transfer only) ports which do not support Alt mode for video out. Therefore USB-C to HDMI cable (any) won't work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation