Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-n024sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop is a couple of years old but rarely used, probably the equivalent of two months of regular use. It has always been carefully looked after, never dropped or treated roughly and kept in a padded laptop bag.

In spite of this a crack has appeared from nowhere top to bottom of the screen which I am told will cost over £120 to fix.

Is this a fault of the model or production run that HP will make good? There was no incident that could be blamed so must have been a manufacturing fault.

Otherwise can the touch sensitive overscreen be removed to leave a working laptop without touchscreen capability as it is clearly not worth replacing a dodgy part at vast expense?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but this is just a community self-help forum staffed by volunteers. HP maintains no official presence here and we are not authorized to deal with warranty equipment replacement issues.

I've asked the forum Moderators to have someone from HP contact you to discuss this issue.

So, you are likely to be getting a PM from them during the nesx few days.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

MY three months old pc screen cracked by itself and HP has ignored the manufacturer warrantee. Two weeks ago I closed the lid of the pc and when I opened it saw the screen cracking by itself. HP case manager blames me for the defective PC and instead of repairing and cumplying with the manufacturer warrantee, wanted to send me a 250 dollars coupon toward another HP laptop.  I am still paying for the laptop 100 dollar a month. This is just ridiculous.

I posted this issue to HP Forum, emailed HP my case number and other information and HP NEVER CALLED ME AND THE CASE MANAGER SENT ME THE LAPTOP BACK.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Option 1. Contact HP and try to find the person that was supposed to call me and never called back.

OPtion 2. Filing complaint with FTC consumer protection bureau

OPtion 3: Call the attorney General

OPtion 4. Post it to all social network

OPtion 5: Call the cable news to know if they are interested in my case

OPtion 6: Go to the small claim court and file a complaint.

I would like HP to honor its product, ignoring A CUSTOMER IS A BAD IDEA. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.