Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14-dq1040wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a dead pixel problem and want to claim it under warranty. It started happening after a couple of months of usage of my notebook. Can someone please assist me with this claim? Note that I have another community question outstanding on disputing a warranty - I bought the computer in April 2020 (it is now late March 2021 and time is running out) and I have been going round in circles for the last month trying to get resolution.  To further complicate matters, I bought the laptop in Nicaragua (where I am still currently) and have no english speaking contacts to write or talk to.

I have had a really poor HP customer experience throughout this and feel that HP are making it extremely difficult to claim warranties or dispute incorrect warranty periods. I wanted this in writing so I can prove that my issue was still within the 1 year warranty period.

This was my first HP product in 10 years and at this rate it will be the last I ever buy,

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JJBLT

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to us today.

I do see that your case has been escalated  to the HP's Support Team in your region. You should be contacted within 2-3 business days (this does not include weekends or holidays). Response times may vary by region.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok thanks Echo Lake. I will hold off on confirming as a solution until I am contacted by HP support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.