Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp envy 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About 3 month ago I purchased this laptop I used it once to charge it then I was hospitalised 

second time using I have a dead pixel red on black screen blue on white screen I took it to my local curry’s store for repair after 7 days waiting been told it’s not been repaired because it needs 8 or  more dead pixel to qualify for a panel repair 

what sort of laptop needs to be more damaged to get repaired now I’m more annoyed that the computer box packaging I didn’t receive any information about this pixel warranty there was no information when buying this about this warranty if there was I wouldn’t of brought it 

I’m very disappointed in hp for this I brought this as an upgrade but I might as well stick to my 9 year old Samsung was cheaper and still performs better and no dead pixels 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sam552

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I'm so sorry you are going through this, I understand there is a dead pixel on the screen.

All HP and Compaq notebook LCDs adhere to strict quality and reliability specifications. A small percentage of LCD panels may have minor cosmetic manufacturing anomalies or irregularities such as bright or dark dots in the viewable area. These cosmetic imperfections are common to all LCD panel types and are not specific to any HP model or product line. For more information please refer to this HP article.

I recommend you contact our HP phone support team to check the available service options for this case.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply I have tried phoning hp support line but can’t find the number every time I go through the same steps input  my serial number tells me to take it currys/pcworld then get told the same thing this won’t get repaired so if you have a number on hand would be great 

thanks 

HP Recommended

More than 3 bad pixels per megapixel, or a cluster of 2 bad pixels per megapixel are considered as a defect. You have only one, so your screen does not qualify for replacement. This is normal, because the bad/stuck pixel impact is exaggerated. This is not a fault that affects your work with the laptop. It is just annoying if you stare at it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.