Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7-6b50er Entertainment Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Device manager does not detect discrete graphics card. on the laptop, only the built-in Intel video card is displayed everywhere, and the discrete AMD is not visible. I tried to download the drivers, but my compilation is not ending

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The Windows Device Manager only shows the discrete graphics card as present when it is active.

Here is the link to the Windows 7 drivers and software

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv7-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/51...

Go to the Driver-Graphics section and download and install the Intel-AMD switchable graphics driver

Once it is installed, you can switch to the discrete card by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting the discrete graphics card.

I don't know what kind of IP issue you are having in regards to downloads, but this is the best I can do for you.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

1.PNG
on the page that you gave me endless loading (((

HP Recommended

видео.PNG
Мне нужен драйвер для дискретной видеокарты AMD, а вы мне дали для встроенной Intel)) 

HP Recommended

I need a driver for a discrete AMD video card, and you gave me one for the built-in Intel)) 

HP Recommended

@-4221- wrote:

I need a driver for a discrete AMD video card, and you gave me one for the built-in Intel)) 

I am going to be nice and not insult your intelligence as you have done mine.

I provided you with a link to all of the available drivers and suggested that you install the driver that has both drivers, as in Intel-AMD. Your internet connection or router issues are something you should take a look at.. I suggest you go to a location where you have a better connection.

2022-07-09_12-48-26.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.