Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 14-dv1000 (464V0AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

I want to disable palmcheck/ palm detect to enable me to use the keyboard and touchpad at the same time for the purpose of playing casual games. My laptop (hp pavilion 14-dv1629sa) has an ELAN touchpad driver 

CorporateNation_0-1646947957884.png

Unlike other laptops I have used with an ELAN touchpad, ELAN settings are not present in the mouse properties window,

CorporateNation_1-1646948048221.png

I have tried installing ELAN ETDProperties (touchpad settings program) from the microsoft store and it isn't giving me a lot of options,

CorporateNation_2-1646948134930.png

I've also tried the registry editor without any luck by trying to change the value of DisableWhenType_Enable to 0. It originally let me change this value to zero but after I reinstalled the touchpad driver it won't let me. Don't think even changing this will make a difference. I also changed the value 'DisableWhenType_DelayTime_Move' to zero without any luck

CorporateNation_3-1646948324593.png

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.