Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-bp1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I cannot disable my touchpad. The mouse and touchpad dialog box in Settings does not include a Clickpad tab. I have tried to uninstall the Synaptic driver but it did not uninstall.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @jomy,

So this tab does not show up for you - correct?

ew.PNGThis is normally found by heading to Settings > Devices > Touchpad > Additional settings (far right side)

You can also find it in Mouse > Additional mouse options. 

If you actually update your trackpad drivers, you may be able to check whether or not you gain the ability to disable the trackpad. You can automatically update any outdated drivers with HP Support Assistant. In case you don't already have it, here is the download page for HP Support Assistant. 

Your next best option may be to disable the trackpad in Device Manager. 

1. In Windows search, type Device Manager
  2. Expand Mice and other pointing devices
  3. Right-click the trackpad name which should include "Synaptics"
  4. Select Disable device

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Thanks EddyK,

Yes , I do not have the tab in either location.

I have been prompted to allow Windows to search for an updated driver upon which  I am the told that I have the latest version, it suggests to go to the Synaptic page and find a newer one.

Device manager only has Update Driver and Unistall Device

also, the upper left corner on/off touch doesn't function

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.