Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-eb0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Misrepresentation by HP on HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-eb0xxx laptop that the primary video card is an Intel UHD and NOT the Nvidia card as advertised. It is critical to disable the Intel UHD from the BIOS so the Nvidia card can do its job. Currently the "Advanced" menu option in the BIOS is not available to disable the Intel and make the Nvidia card the primary. Again, this is misadvertising and misrepresentation by HP. This should be an easy solution in the BIOS and should be given to the user. No need for HP to control this...  Anyone know a way to disable the Intel UHD and make the Nvidia the primary graphics ??

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi@milodal007, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that notebook has an issue with the display issue.

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document fix:-

HP PCs - NVIDIA Optimus Graphics with Integrated Intel Graphics (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi Praveenbv

Yes this is only via software setting which does not work fully and creates a bigger heating situation. There is NO need for the Intel card. This change must be performed from the BIOS. If you can provide the BIOS update which unlocks the Advanced menu options - that is the only way to fully and cleanly utilize the card. Doing this via software is creating a nightmare and crashes the different apps for no reason. Also, even when you set the software config to utilize the Nvidia, the Intel card is still used. See below image. This is ridiculous - 57% and 33% to open Chrome browser with 6 tabs?? 

2021-06-26_17-19-10.jpg

In doing further research online, it seems the BIOS configuration tool used on the Workstation laptops does the job. Can you make this tool available so I can test? Please let me know. Thank you

HP Recommended

HI@ milodal007,

Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

HP Recommended

Hello again

The link you sent goes to HP Omen overclocking etc... instructions. At the bottom is a short software configuration instruction for Nvidia cards which is identical to the previous link. As I mentioned, software settings do not work. Are you suggesting to install the HP Omen command center on this HP Spectre (and it will work?) laptop to try to disable the Intel GPU from the BIOS?

Let me know please.

Thanks

HP Recommended

**bleep** it
I have exactly the same problem.
Why the hell is HP selling us defective laptops?

HP Recommended

I think its a marketing scheme since the tech is there...

HP Recommended

Take this piece of **bleep** back to the store

HP Recommended

Praveenbv, any other solutions or details you can provide ? Please see my last response. 

Thank you

HP Recommended

where is the HP Answer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.