Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 880-023d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My 2 year old PC, an OMEN 880-033D has had many problems in the past few years. However after endless troubleshooting and fixing, i got it "fixed". so after getting it "fixed" I downloaded a driver for my headphones, which required me to restart. As soon as i restart, my monitor becomes insanely glitchy but i can somehow access windows. after taking a look at the GPU in the device manager, It gives me an Error 43, where the driver couldnt detect any GPU. no matter how many times, or however i do it, i still get the same glitched display. I am not sure whether my GPU is dead or not.

Regards,

Mahadi

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mahdi25k Welcome to HP Community!

As I understand the display drivers error code 43,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you update the drivers from the HP website?

Have you updated the BIOS?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

This issue as you know, is related to the graphics system. When system memory is running low and Windows is unable to allocate video memory, Windows shuts down and then restarts the program to avoid a failure.

Step 1: Restart the computer

Shut down and restart the computer to clear the memory addresses and prepare the computer for further troubleshooting.

Step 2: Update the graphics driver

Update the graphics driver for your specific computer model. For more information on updating drivers, please see HP support document Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers .

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you very much for responding.

I have neither updated the drivers from the HP website nor have I updated the BIOS.
Apologies for the late reply as I had some technical difficulties. I will follow the steps and keep you updated as soon as possible.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Mahdi25k

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Do take you time and try the suggested steps when you get time.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Good day!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.