Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy X 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

Frequently iam getting the error message as "Display Driver Stopped Responding & Recovered" and screen is going into black and coming back again after recovering. Iam getting the same error message even after updating Display Drivers.

Please suggest what action i need to do.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Envy X 360 Notebook and issues with the graphics crashing. Some have found that unchecking use hardware acceleration in the browser has solved  problems.

Click the menu bars at top right, then options, then advanced on left, then general tab under advanced and uncheck use hardware acceleration when available.

You could try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed! 

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!Smiley Happy.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Envy X 360 Notebook and issues with the graphics crashing. Some have found that unchecking use hardware acceleration in the browser has solved  problems.

Click the menu bars at top right, then options, then advanced on left, then general tab under advanced and uncheck use hardware acceleration when available.

You could try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed! 

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!Smiley Happy.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I too am getting the same message.  My display does not do anything different or look any different before, during, or after the message.  I read and tried the recommended work around, but did not fix the issue.  Still getting the message about every 3-5 minutes.

My notebook is about 2 weeks old, running Win10.  Any new suggestions would be most welcome.

HP Recommended

Hey @OregonKnight,

You can contact us. The will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi Have updated the drivers and its working fine as of now....Lets see

Thanks for all

HP Recommended

I have a similar issue with my new (2-day old) HP Envy x360 m6-103-dx 15.5" notebook.  The problem first occured when I had MS OFFice Excel opened and I was working on a spreadsheet.  The screen went black for a second, and came back on, with a pop-up message saying the graphics driver stopped working and was repaired.

I am not sure how your solution to modify browser setiings would help.  In various iterations of this problem dating back to 2011, I found few solutions, but one which recommended updating the graphics driver.  When someone asked how to pick from the drivers listed, the response provided was "use the one with the largest files size", although I haven't a clue as to logic of that response. 

I have looked at what driver my laptop has - Intel(R) HD Graphics driver version 20.19.15.4630 - and it is the latest version in the driver updates listed on the HP support site.  It appears that updating the driver is not THE solution.  After similar problems being reported for 5 years, I would have hoped that someone figured out what the real issue is by now. 

I do see many instances of the issue, but few responses.  Frankly it was a bit discouraging to have a functional issue right out of the box, and before you might suggest it, I have already installed all of the Windows 10/HP Updates before I did anything.

Thanks in advance for any straight forward suggestions.

PDH01

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.