Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

You can't just uninstall the driver. I did that too & didn't work. I then noticed a box to check to delete the driver. That is what you have to do. Then you reboot for changes to take effect.  When it comes back it will look funny. But not to worry . GO to your download site for your Graphics dtiver ^ download the latest driver for your graphics card. What I did was buy a program that updates all drivers on your system. 

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered-error/

Hope this helps you and all the rest of the people on this forum.

SHIRL 🙂

HP Recommended

I tried uninstalling the driver too, But it didn't work.  I went back to Right-ck Start button .Select Device Manager. Go to Display Adapters/ Double click your Graphics card / Then check box to delete driver. When done reboot your computer for changes to take effect. When it comes up it will look funny. Not to worry a Windows basic driver is loaded. Then GO TO:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered-error/

and download this free Driver FIx Program. I purchased a 1 year subscription $29.95 to be able to fix all drivers on my system at one time. My computer is now running smoothely. No Hiccups or burps. But you need not buy it. It says that it is free.

I Hope this helps you and others on this forum.

SHIRL 🙂

HP Recommended

my hp g7 1316dx does the same thing,i changed from win 7 to win 10 ,with no help

changed motherboard, no help

back to orignal motherboard,fresh install win 7 ,no help

down loaded all the drivers i could find, no help

happened to see that when the ac supply was pluged in , thats when it would start to have the problem

hope this helps someone, ps ,i still have the problem (after 4 years ) and still counting

carey

HP Recommended

What I did was GO TO DEVICE MANAGER/GRAPHICS DRIVER....Then select delete driver. This will delete all the drivers for your Graphics Card. Don't be alarmed when the screen goes black....It will come back after the reboot using the basic 

driver. Then Go to your graphics Card site & download & Install the latest driver for your card.

WORKED FOR ME !!!!!

SHIRL 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.