cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Promise18
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Display issues after BIOS and other update

HP Recommended
Envy x360 convertible pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. If anyone can help this would be much appreciated. I was trying to play some games on my laptop on a 4K TV through HDMI and the sound wasn't transferring to the TV. This led me to some results on this forum that directed me to open hp support assistant on my system. The HP support assistant had some notifications for some updates, so I installed them. After the installation, I actually didn't notice any problems straight away because I didn't really open my browser after that, but after having the system shut down overnight and turning it on this morning, my webpages have this strange problem where certain things now have a black background, especially the search bars on webpages including this one. Some of them even turn red while scrolling. Please if anyone sees this tell me whatever you think I may need to do to fix this.

1 REPLY 1
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,923 6,921 299 366
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Promise18, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please find the steps that I shared below;

- Unplug all USB devices, batteries, and power cord.

- Press and Hold the "Power Button" for 30 sec.

- After that, Plug the battery and power cord in again.

-  Power on again and check the status of your device.

If the problem persists, Most probably your device has a bios corruption issue. 

Please find the steps that I shared about bios rollback below;

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.

3. With the computer off, press and hold the Windows logo key and the B key at the same time.
  4. Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

5. The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation