Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cw1043nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everybody; my PC is connected whit my Samsung Smart TV by the hdmi cable but the big problem is that the PC switch on my TV on its own just by plug in the HDMI cable or when PC start and the cable is already connected or you turn ON the TV. I have already checked all possibility whit the monitor configuration, either microsft option and HP video option. it seem that the PC force to use the TV  as monitor rather than its own monitor.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Pippone 

Press and hold [winkey]  + F7 to switch

- notebook screen only

- notebook screen and TV

- TV only

Please report your results

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Nothing happen ...

HP Recommended

Hello @Pippone 

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

F.48 Rev.A22.4 MBApr 27, 2022Download

Why should you install the update ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(2) See Section 'Setting display properties to use additional displays'

HP Notebook PCs - Connecting a Monitor, Projector, or TV (Windows 10, 8, 7)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03504591#AbT3

ub6424_0-1656848881131.png

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

the bios was already  upgraded, but the problem is stiil here, he (the PC) just do what he want. i'm not interested in duplicate the monitor only, i want to switch monitors on my will. is there a chance that a TV can have an input that force the PC to set his monitor like the principal monitor? 

HP Recommended

Hello @Pippone 

It's

[windows key] + p

ub6424_2-1656926219365.png

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, i really appreciate it but  maybe I haven't explained myself very well (sorry for my bad english).

i know how to connect another monitor on PC with HDMI, i already knew that possibility of configurations ; the problem is that if i set the "show only 1" (in my language it appears like that) when "1" is the monitor's PC and "2" is the TV, he randomly switch on the monitor 2 (the TV) whitout touching anything, even now i have to use "extend monitor" setting or i have to unplug the HDMI to keeping the PC on its own monitor. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.