Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook Studio X360 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been struggling with a lot of issues with this laptop lately, but the latest issue I've found is that my screen turns off after a few seconds when I flip it into tablet mode. To go with that, flipping the screen back doesn't seem to enable tablet mode anymore or disable the keyboard. Manually turning on tablet mode doesn't disable the keyboard either.

I can't seem to find any errors in event logs or issues in the device manager that would cause either of these problems. I've tried deleting and re-installing both my video drivers and the sensor drivers, but that didn't help. I tried a fresh install of Windows as well and and I'm still seeing the same behavior. Given that I can't seem to find anything that looks like an error and the fact that my wifi is working itermittently, I'm really worried I'm dealing with some kind of hardware failure. Anyone have any other ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  My monitor / turns off when I rotate into tablet configuration.  Did you find a solution?

HP Recommended

The first time around I had to send it back in for a warranty repair. Have you tried installing the latest BIOS version? I did see some folks on Reddit who had the same issue and were able to resolve their problem that way. I had a partial recurrence of the issue (screen stayed on, but still wouldn't switch to tablet mode) that was fixed in a BIOS update in August. There's an even newer BIOS update from November. If a BIOS update doesn't work, you may have to chat with support about a repair.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.