Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
14-da0011dx
Chrome OS

The product details are lacking. Can I hook this chromebook up to an external monitor using a USB-C adapter. In other words does this have a displayport feature?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Thud81 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Open

Maintenance and Service Guide

Pages 3-4 Illustrations for Right Side and Left Side.

See item 5, Page 3

USB Type-C power connector and port

Connects an AC adapter that has a USB Type-C connector, supplying power to the computer and, if needed, charging the computer battery.

– and –

Connects a USB device that has a Type-C connector, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides data transfer.

– and –

Connects a display device that has a USB Type-C connector, providing DisplayPort output.

NOTE:Cables and/or adapters (purchased separately) may be required

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

HP Chromebook x360 - 14-da0011dx 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Thud81 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Open

Maintenance and Service Guide

Pages 3-4 Illustrations for Right Side and Left Side.

See item 5, Page 3

USB Type-C power connector and port

Connects an AC adapter that has a USB Type-C connector, supplying power to the computer and, if needed, charging the computer battery.

– and –

Connects a USB device that has a Type-C connector, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides data transfer.

– and –

Connects a display device that has a USB Type-C connector, providing DisplayPort output.

NOTE:Cables and/or adapters (purchased separately) may be required

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

HP Chromebook x360 - 14-da0011dx 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Dragon-Fur,

Thanks for this. When you internet search the model number and it takes you to the Hardware Specifications page there is no mention of a displayport like it is in just about every new chromebook Hardware Spec page so I posted this mainly for folks who, when searching this question, now have a quick answer on google since you folks make it so you have to go into page X section X on a download to see this very informative, yet difficult to find answer.  Thanks for confirming. It works great.

HP Recommended

@Thud81 

Ok.  You are welcome.

The solution is, as you say, learning where to look.

For those reading:

@Thud81  is correct.  

There are sometimes several sources for information, all or none of which might include the "thing" being sought.

Examples (not all inclusive)

Category Manuals - Both the User Guide and the Service Guide.  Business class machines frequently (also) include a number of the documents, white papers, and technical briefs.

Category Product Information > (possibly subcategory) Specifications

Category Software and Drivers - not really a source of installed hardware, Software and Drivers does provide the means to update the computer configuration.  Remember that drivers are included for a series - YOUR computer won't use every software or driver found in the sub-categories.

Internet Search > Product / Model name + the word "datasheet".  When available, this is a good resource.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

As a customer I have a recommendation for HP, make simple questions have simple answers easy to find for your customers. You have already started doing this with other products, as you likely recognize making your customers go through a maze to get the simple info they need is no bueno. For instance, my other HP Chromebook (and I really do recommend HP for Chromebooks, they are very high quality) - is a 14-CA0053DX and a quick internet search of that model takes me to a spec page which clearly lists displayport as a feature.  

I just searched 14-DA0011DX datasheet as you suggested and on that datasheet it does not mention the types of ports at all nor does it mention Displayport - so I would hesitate to use that as a method. But no worries, top google result is this thread confirming it has a displayport - which will be much easier to find then the maze currently needed to navigate to find. I do appreciate that for newer products, you are already integrating this into your new datasheets.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.