Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ELAN Touchpad control panel tab missing

HP Notebook - 17-by0062cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Notebook - 17-by0062cl

Windows 10 Home 1903

I let the Device Manager update the ELAN Touchpad driver. Big mistake.

Now the ELAN tab in the mouse driver control panel has disappeared. This is where I did stuff like make it so sliding my finger up and down the right side acted like the mouse roller and scrolled me up and down. Two finger touch stuff was also in there. That tab is gone, two finger scroll seems to be working, but I can't turn on the scroll area on the right.

I've tried about everything I can think of. Rolling back the driver, uninstalling and reinstalling the latest driver downloaded from the support website. Uninstalling and installing the Windows 10 1809 driver.

I'm out of ideas. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
78,072 77,480 9,518 20,615
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@davidc1857 

Please try to download and do a CLEAN install the following software

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98501-99000/sp98758.exe

Hope this helps.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
davidc1857 Tutor
Tutor
13 8 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I downloaded that file. I have uninstalled the ELAN Touchpad device to the point that all that was remaining was a PS/2 Compatible mouse, then ran that driver install and I get an updated driver, but still no ELAN tab in the Mouse Control Panel.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation