Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-by0062cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Notebook - 17-by0062cl

Windows 10 Home 1903

I let the Device Manager update the ELAN Touchpad driver. Big mistake.

Now the ELAN tab in the mouse driver control panel has disappeared. This is where I did stuff like make it so sliding my finger up and down the right side acted like the mouse roller and scrolled me up and down. Two finger touch stuff was also in there. That tab is gone, two finger scroll seems to be working, but I can't turn on the scroll area on the right.

I've tried about everything I can think of. Rolling back the driver, uninstalling and reinstalling the latest driver downloaded from the support website. Uninstalling and installing the Windows 10 1809 driver.

I'm out of ideas. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In the latest driver versions it appears to have been moved from the Control Panel to an App. Search your Apps or look in the Start menu for the "ELAN Touchpad Setting" app and you might find it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@davidc1857 

Please try to download and do a CLEAN install the following software

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98501-99000/sp98758.exe

Hope this helps.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I downloaded that file. I have uninstalled the ELAN Touchpad device to the point that all that was remaining was a PS/2 Compatible mouse, then ran that driver install and I get an updated driver, but still no ELAN tab in the Mouse Control Panel.

HP Recommended

I also have this issue.

Although mine is with a brand new laptop. 

Where has the Elan settings tab gone from the mouse settings?

Ps installing the driver in the first reply did not work

HP Recommended

In the latest driver versions it appears to have been moved from the Control Panel to an App. Search your Apps or look in the Start menu for the "ELAN Touchpad Setting" app and you might find it.

HP Recommended

Thank you @Davidc1857.  This has been driving me crazy for weeks, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers (after the HP UK Support site would finally recognise my machine).  I absolutely hate the default tap settings.  It is beyond me why anyone wants it set, as the touchpad constantly 'selects' things that I had no intention selecting.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.