Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 14 (2021) & HP Pen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have purchased a new HP Envy 14 model 14-eb005TU (i7-1165G7,16GB RAM,1TB SSD, Win10 (64-bit) 1920x1200 touchscreen) notebook for a Christmas gift and a HP Pen 1MR94AA#UUF . Nobody seems to be able to tell me if the pen will work with this laptop. The notebook is already wrapped for Christmas, and I don't know whether to return the pen in the 7 day HP return window now, or wait for the recipient to try it.

Is there anyone who has the same laptop able to advise if a pen works with this machine, and if so, which pen?

Support could not tell me except to say that they had no pen listed for this laptop, and it may not have drivers preinstalled.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@devorn 

Welcome to the HP Community.

I do not find any HP pens compatible with this model.

Not all computers support a stylus pen.

308Y8PA HP ENVY Laptop 14-eb0005TU

HP Device Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY Laptop PC 14-eb0000 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@devorn 

Welcome to the HP Community.

I do not find any HP pens compatible with this model.

Not all computers support a stylus pen.

308Y8PA HP ENVY Laptop 14-eb0005TU

HP Device Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY Laptop PC 14-eb0000 

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response and observation that you could not find any pens listed that are compatible.  I still do not know with any certainty if the pen is or is not compatible with this machine or if any pen can work with this machine. 

a similar response was received from telephone support however they were even less decisive after pondering over the question for what seemed like minutes. They suggested it may work but drivers if loaded could be unloaded when upgrades occurred.  In the end they would not confirm any incompatibility or compatibility. 

it appears that what would be helpful is for somebody within HP to test and publish a definitive list by laptop model (Up to 2021) of what pens are and are not compatible and disclose such in the specifications list rather than state that the pens are compatible with ‘select HP Envy’ models. There is a lot of confusion with sales people and customers are almost certainly being mislead and left in a state of confusion. Imagine how many pens are sold and returned in a year?  This is the first HP computer product that I have purchased since a HP150 MSDOS 2 computer in the 1980’s and this experience has not left me with a good taste or experience with HP considering it is a computer of more than AUD2,000.  

I am seriously considering now to return the computer and pen and select another machine from a different manufacturer. I feel I must not the the only customer to reach the same conclusion. 

HP Recommended

@devorn 

You are welcome.

There is no evidence in any document to which I have access (two external and one internal) that the computer supports a pen.  Could all the data be wrong?  Sure.  Could happen.  Likely?  No.   I get it.

Yes, if you need a computer that supports a pen, do return the computer that does not do so - purchase an HP model that does support a pen or purchase a different brand.  Your computer, even lacking this feature, won't go unwanted - so many people want HP computers this time of year that the return will be appreciated by someone.  Smiling.

HP did provide a Compatibility list at one time - the document was pulled a couple of years ago.  We were not told of the reason.  I suspect it became unmanageable in some way.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.