Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 14 inch G9 Notebook PC IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

I'm Wondering if anyone has same issue as me with Elitebook 840 G9. i recently updated my bios to latest version (01.10.00 Rev.A). since then, one of my type-c ports stopped working as USB-PD and also randomly stop working completely. sometimes restarting laptop solve the issue but PD Still not working.

These are solutions I've tested:

1-Hard Reset: power-off and holding power button for 60 second with all devices disconnected.

2-Holding 20 second power button after shutdown.

3-Reflash Bios with USB to latest version and verify all components updated.

4-Downgrade and upgrade bios.

5-Reset bios config to defaults.

6-Drain Battery and charge from 0-100%.

7-Updates all drivers from hp support page and check for updates with hp support assistant.

8-Check for incompatible drivers and uninstall

9-Check for physical damage in type-c port and connected pins on motherboard (Seen Nothing)

unfortunately none of them worked.

I also checked ports from HP UEFI Diagnostics, oddly sometimes it passes the test and sometimes it fails.

I also saw that downgrading bios doesn't affect (USB-C Controller Firmware) as it cant be downgraded to older version.

Sadly in my country i don't have access to "HP Repair Center" or any HP associated stores.

It was completely fine before Bios Update and now it became a nightmare for me as i use my type-c port frequently.

Anyone has any Suggestions I'll be glad to hear.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.