Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-aq103na HP ENVY x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All

i have HP ENVY x360 Convertible and I take very good care of it , hardly used , as i opened the laptop today , i noticed and the screen on the bottom left corner near the hinge is coming off the metal cover , when i close the laptop it clicks and its getting worse within a day .  I never even use it in tablet mode , maybe 3 or 4 times in 2 years.

i saw lots of people having the same issue here , not sure how to go about replacing it. 

I had lots of HP laptops throughout the years and the most expensive and this has to be the worse i ever had in terms of build quality, even with extra care still broke.

can someone with the same issue guide me please, i know its out of warranty but this seems to me a hardware manufacturing fault.

Regards

joe

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@joe07939

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi - Ive just had the exact same issue - please advise on how to have this fixed

HP Recommended

Glad to see this is common, mine just separated on me here as I was opening the laptop.

HP, can you all comment publicly on how this is supposed to get fixed when it seems this is a common manufacturing issue?

HP Recommended

@Alasizon

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi HP -

Can I also expect a message from you? My screen started coming off as I closed my laptop yesterday and I have not heard back from anyone as yet.

This whole process has been quite disappointing. 

HP Recommended

As mentioned earlier we will escalate your case, but we need few information which I have requested

Please check your Inbox

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for getting back , i have just send over detail on PM

regards

HP Recommended

I had my HP Envy x360 start coming apart at the hinge too.  Unfortunately my laptop is over 2 years old and out of warranty.  😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.