Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook HP Laptop 15-dw1014ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to extend my notebook display to an external one (HDMI4K or VGA) using  USB 3.0 HUB Type C USB Splitter Thunderbolt USB-C Dock Adapter?. If yes, How is it done please?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Dear Nairooz, 

Yes it is actually possible. It is just plug and play once you connect the cables. If you already tried to do it without succeeding, try looking at my post:"external monitor not working with thunderbolt connector"

HP Recommended

Dear Dan8719,

On my searching of my notebook specification I found out that the USB port C  is supporting only Data Transfer. Thank you for your support. Appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.