Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ac003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wish to by a new monitor and would like to know the maximum specified external resolution the Spectre x360 can drive. I know it can drive 4K for Video etc. but I don't need that much.

The internal monitor is running at 1920 x 1080 and it shows that as the maximum resolution I can select both in display settings and in Display Adaptor Properties.

So what would be the highest resolution monitor I can run bearing in mind it is for business text and graphics working with some HD 1080p video use (i.e. I don't need the full 4k)

I don't have any experience with HD monitors so I'm not sure if this the right way to ask the question. I just want to update and buy the best monitor for the job without spending money on specs I don't need or won't work anyway!...if you can ahppen to suggest a defecto best monitor on the market that does the job and doesn't break the bank that's great too!?

Thoughts welcome!

Addendum Question:

I have an external monitor that supports 1680 x 1050 however clicking th erecommended setting does not always do the job and to get this running I had to 1) manually set the Display Setting -Resolution to 1680 x 1050 AND then manually adjust the Display Adaptor Properties to 1680 x 1050 at 60Hz (doesn't look good at 50Hz). 

On my Work lenovo with the same monitor none of this is necessary and it automagically works it all out.

Any reason for this?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@whiffler

From page 2 of the Maintenance and Service Guide of the Spectre x360 13-ac0xxserires

.... and HDMI 2.0 out up to 1920×1200 at 60 Hz

And I'm using LG, Dell, Asus and BenQ monitors right now, they are all FHD (1920 x 1080) monitors. My HP loan x360 notebook is connected to the LG IPS LED as you can see

res.png

For the second note:  At work and also at home, I use a Lenovo x270. I'm a part time employee and WFH one day a week, at my office one day a week, and another locantion 1 day a week. Sometimes I have to work at another locaton on weekend. That means I use at least 4 external, different monitors (1920x1080, 1680x1050).  I don't have problem at all to connect to any of them from one Lenovo using HDMI-DVI cable, sitting on USB dock and VGA cable.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I purchased my HP Spectre x360-13" (13-ac002na) in July-2017 and I use TWO 27" HD monitors at 2560 x 1440 connected via a type-C hub. I’m a software developer and for the last 4 months I’ve now used this configuration every day (for many hours) and have to say that everything works absolutely perfectly (really happy with the pc). 

Before purchasing, I also wanted a TRUSTWORTHY answer to this question and I was amazed how much BS there is from the so called experts. After a lot of digging I wasn’t 100% sure but decided to buy one & find out and I’m really glad I did (can’t praise this m/c enough!). I wonder how many more pc’s HP could have sold if they had not only stated the max external resolutions but made it a selling point!

The reason I’m now ‘Googling’ again is because I’m now tempted to purchase a 28” monitor with 3840 x 2160 but I’m not even going to ask this question because you really can’t trust the answers. Instead I’m going to take my Spectre to the local store, plug it in & find out.

I hope my answer helps anyone with the same question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.