Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15t-eb000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15t-eb000.  I have a Plugable USB-C Dock 14-in-1 with Thunderbolt 3. (TBT3-UDZ).  I cannot get an external monitor to work.  My HP has Thunderbolt software, application version 1.0.30.0.  Controller driver version 1.41.823.0.  Thunderbolt generation 3 (15EB). NVM Firmware version: 54.0. Connection status: Connected.

My monitor is a ASUS VS247H-P. I tried to connect with a HDMI - HDMI cable and a HDMI - DisplayPort  cable. The monitor says No HDMI signal and my laptop does not recognize a second display.

I connected a speaker to the dock and it does work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for feedback. The Plugable - DisplayLink tech support gave me the same advice, and it worked.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

HI@rfgraham, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps that should fix the issue.

1. Update the HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)
  1. Intel® Driver & Support Assistant  the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics, drivers 
  1. Windows Update.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

When I execute the file sp108735.exe, the window that appears says that the Bios Update is not compatible with this device. The window says that the utility is supposed to update BIOS to version F.42.

HP Recommended

@rfgraham,

The docking station referred is a commercial model & the unit is a consumer segment. The said combination is not tested by HP. So, the functionality is not guaranteed.

HP Recommended

Hi Rfgraham,

I have the exact same model and had the same problem with a different docking station, Amazon.com: VAVA USB C Docking Station, 12-in-1 Type C Hub with Dual 4K HDMI Ports, RJ45 Ethernet, 4....

I installed an older version of the Nvidia Graphics driver from HP's website, version 26.21.14.4276, 

HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15t-eb000 CTO Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

This updated the display driver which resolved the issue.

Hope this helps,

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for feedback. The Plugable - DisplayLink tech support gave me the same advice, and it worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.