cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

External monitor not working via USB Type-c

HP Recommended
ENVY 13-ab000nj
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect the laptop to an external screen via a USB-C adaptor (where I also connect the web camera and the wireless keyboard and mouse) but it doesn’t work. The screen doesn’t get a signal. I understand that in some units the  USB-C port supports data transfer only and doesn't support display.

How can I check if this is the case?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
27,754 27,515 2,436 8,967
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AlonR 

001 through 13-ab099; CTO model number 13t-ab000) Maintenance and Service Guide

Illustrations and Explanations - Pages 5-6 - Right-Side and Left-Side

Item 3 - Left Side - Data Transfer

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY - 13-ab000nj 

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation