Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I called in last week and was assured someone would get back to me with a solution this week - I really like the laptop but it makes it virtually impossible to even do light gaming.

HP Recommended

I just tried to undervolt and adjust to turbo all-core 3.7G through ThrottleStop.

It did shorten the period of stuttering but still there's lots of room to improve.

A stronger adapter seems still the only way currently to solve this issue.

My 90W adapater is on the way, will update you all the result. 

HP Recommended

I just received my 120w adapter and everything is solved.

HP Recommended
Where did you get it from? Part # or web link?
HP Recommended

It's a dutch website called www.viadennis.nl 

I didn't order the official adapter but  I made sure that all the specs were the same except the power (w), This one works so I'm happy. 

HP Recommended

I got my 90w adapter few days ago.

The problem is finally fixed with the updated BIOS (F.04A) together.

HP Recommended

What problems persist with the 90w adapter? I didn't fully benchmark my system with my 120w adapter, but in msi Afterburner the only limit I reached was a temperature limit instead of the power limit, so I thought the problems were over. 

HP Recommended
If you don’t mind trying it again, what was the temp limit that you hit?
HP Recommended

I find 70c in my case.
The original limit is around 60.

Envy 13 with similar hardward configuration has the same problem.

Envy 13 case

I guess the possible story is the original BIOS sets the temperature limit too low.

The power adapter is insufficient as well.

So only when you implement the two measures together (stronger power adapter and updated BIOS) the problem is able to be solved.

HP Recommended

I'm using that BIOS and the provided adapter and am definitely still seeing issues - can someone please provide the exact model of adapter that they're using and having success with?

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.