Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is basically new.  The finger print reader stopped working after a bit.  It just isn't giving me the option to sign in using the my finger print any more.  Under Sign-in options in the settings, near the top, under the words Require sign-in, it says in red "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown."  I don't know if this has something to do with my issue.  It's probably something else.  Has anyone else had this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Sparks88 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the finger Print Reader Not Working.

Please provide the correct product number.

Install the HP Simple Pass Identity Protection Software for Windows 10:  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71729.exe 

If the issue persists, Please Click here to download the most viable driver for Windows 10  fingerprint reader (if need be) & if your Simple Pass Software isn't working: 

Click here to download a different version of the same software. 

let me know how that pans out,
And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!
Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 
Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Good luck.

HP Recommended

Under Sign-in options, under Fingerprint, I just clicked "Remove" and then added a print again.  That seemed to work.  I don't understand why it messed up to begin with.  I mean it wasn't like it was just not reading the print properly before; it wasn't even coming up as an option to sign-in.  However, after I removed and then added a print, it worked.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.