Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-f387wm (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello,

I have a 2015 notebook 15 thats been having some screen issues. the touch works fine, but every so often, the screen goes fuzzy out of the blue or when the computer is shifted, like when you put the TV on channel 3 for games. It goes un-fuzzy when I move the screen back and forth or shift the computer. I recently installed another stick of RAM, but I don't think this could be the cause. 

As far as I know, I have every current driver necessary installed, and unfortunately am 2 years out of the warranty. Any fix suggestions? I need this computer for classes, so something has to be done with this display. 

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

> It goes un-fuzzy when I move the screen back and forth or shift the computer.

There is a "ribbon-cable" between the motherboard and the display screen, to transmit the display information.

When you physically move the computer, that "flexes" that cable, and causes your symptoms.

When you changed the RAM, did you loosen the end of that cable that connects to the motherboard?

Maybe, a qualified computer technician needs to inspect that cable ?

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

> It goes un-fuzzy when I move the screen back and forth or shift the computer.

There is a "ribbon-cable" between the motherboard and the display screen, to transmit the display information.

When you physically move the computer, that "flexes" that cable, and causes your symptoms.

When you changed the RAM, did you loosen the end of that cable that connects to the motherboard?

Maybe, a qualified computer technician needs to inspect that cable ?

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

I'm not entirely sure if i loosened the ribbon cable, or if I did it was by accident. I'll take a look into having an expert check out my PC. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.