Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP i5 Radeon A9 9425 2+3G
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP and can't access change in the bios to reduce the 512 video ram, my system has 3.7 gig shared video ram and is saying that it is using 4200mb of video ram but it does not use the 3.7 according to taskman. I have 8 gig ram and this is saying 7.47 because of the 512 and games keep running really slow video.

How can I unlock the bios or change these values??

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

These are my specs and the issue.

MY BIOS2.jpgMYBIOS2.jpg

HP Recommended

MY BIOS2.jpg

HP Recommended

For some reason the bios image is being rejected by admin here!

HP Recommended

@RacerA1
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What happen when you start your computer? Are you able to boot into windows,
  • Are you getting any BIOS error message or code?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.