Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Ay 005tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I purchased a HP 15 ay005 tx. It is a DOS Machine. Everything is working except thr AMD Radeon R5 330 Graphic Card. I have currently installed windows 10 32-bit on it. I feel the graphic card is not working properly. When I click on AMD Radeon Settings, thr following error pops up-" AMD Graphic Driver not Found.Please try again afyer connecting AMD Graphic Card." I tried updating the AMd Radeon driver from AMD site too but even after updatinf the problem remain same. What should I do?Earlier I had installed Windows 7 64-bit but than majy of the drivers were not working. So I upgraded to Windowa 10 32-bit. It has switchable Intel Graphic 5500 too. Please help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I already explained to you that is the issue.

There are no 32 bit graphics drivers for your notebook.

Those are 64 bit drivers, and they only work on 64 bit operating systems.

Most 32 bit software applications work on 64 bit systems, but not visa versa, and not drivers.

If a 64 bit driver worked on a 32 bit operating system, it is only because the file also contained the 32 bit hardware drivers.  Many do, such as the card reader, wireless, ethernet, etc.

However, the 64 bit graphics drivers do not contain 32 bit hardware drivers.

The reason why your memory is limited to 2.44 GB usable is due to having a 32 bit operating system installed.

The absolute maximum memory a 32 bit OS can see and use is 4 GB

The reason you are seeing only 2.44 GB out of 4 GB, is much of that has gone to the notebook graphics.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are no 32 bit graphics drivers for the graphics setup your PC has.

I recommend you install W10 64 bit and use the Intel and AMD graphics drivers from your notebook's support page.

You need to install the Intel HD graphics driver first, restart the PC and then install the AMD graphics driver and restart the PC.

HP Recommended
When I open the page of my HP Model, then there is no option of drivers. How will I download the drivers? The same error used to occur on windows 7 64- bit too. Help please I am really tensed.
HP Recommended

Not sure why that is happening to you.

I have no problem seeing all of the W10 drivers for your notebook below...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ay000-Notebook-PC-series/10862300/model/115438...

If I change the operating system to W7, I again have no problem seeing all of the W7 drivers for your notebook.

You need to be using internet explorer 11 for W10 or 10/11 for W7 in order for the support page to work properly.

I did notice that the amd graphics driver listed on the W10 support page is not for the R330.

See if this W10 x64 driver works instead...

This package provides the AMD/Intel Switchable High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under battery power) and a high performance graphics mode.

File name: sp72066.exe

If you want W7 x64, use this one (I don't see any AMD graphics driver listed for W7 on the support page).

This package provides the AMD/Intel Switchable High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode.

File name: sp71254.exe

HP Recommended
I have tried installing both of the these. Maybe my issue is due to Windows 10 32- bit. I thought 64-bit supports all the applications and software of 32 bit than why this issue? Also despite having 8 GB RAM ( i have upgraded the RAM) it only shows 2.44 GB Usable.Why?
HP Recommended

I already explained to you that is the issue.

There are no 32 bit graphics drivers for your notebook.

Those are 64 bit drivers, and they only work on 64 bit operating systems.

Most 32 bit software applications work on 64 bit systems, but not visa versa, and not drivers.

If a 64 bit driver worked on a 32 bit operating system, it is only because the file also contained the 32 bit hardware drivers.  Many do, such as the card reader, wireless, ethernet, etc.

However, the 64 bit graphics drivers do not contain 32 bit hardware drivers.

The reason why your memory is limited to 2.44 GB usable is due to having a 32 bit operating system installed.

The absolute maximum memory a 32 bit OS can see and use is 4 GB

The reason you are seeing only 2.44 GB out of 4 GB, is much of that has gone to the notebook graphics.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.